Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Memoir by R. Sands

It was August 21st and I was in the living room of our lake house. My grandmother came out of the hall and said, “Your dad is coming up the stairs. Get ready!” “Okay, Dad. I’m ready,” I said. Splash! Oh man, I fell. My hair was wet. Yes, I did it. “Wahoo!” I screamed. “Hi, Mom,” I said when we drove past the ski lodge. “I did it. I water skied for the first time,” I screamed to my friend, Colin. We got hot cheesy nachos after that. When we got home I sat down on the couch at the end of a perfectly good day.

1 comment:

Robin Udstuen said...

Hi Reynolds, I really enjoyed reading your story about skiing! Do you remember that Evie's first time to ski was with you on that very lake too? You are such a good writer, I can't wait to read more stories from you! Love, Mrs. Udstuen